I was fortunate to be on the first sailing after Freedom of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International, returned back to Florida after dry dock.
Freedom of the Seas vs. Oasis of the Seas
From my point view, guests overlook Freedom of the Seas in favor of Oasis class ships: Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.
Freedom of the Seas offers a lot of special features:
- She is more affordable compare to Oasis class ships.
- She sails from Port Canaveral year around that provides opportunity for extended family vacation in Disneyworld or Universal Studio.
- She does similar itineraries as Oasis class ships.
- She alternates Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries.
- She has similar features as Oasis class ships have: surf simulator, skating rink, Broadway-style shows,and ice shows.
- She has Presidential and Royal Family Suites as well as other family staterooms that can accommodate extended families.
- Freedom of the Seas was the largest of the ship ever built before completion of Oasis of the Seas in 2009 and Allure of the Seas in 2010.
More Facts about Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas is the first ship in the Freedom class ships that includes Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas. It was re-vitalized recently and received very interesting features:
- Brand new restaurant, Sabor Modern Mexican. It is located where the old Crypt night club was before the refurbishment.
- New Giovanni’s Table restaurant, just next to Windjammer.
- New R-Bar replaced the Champagne Bar
- Renamed and refurbished Star Lounge
As I wrote a few posts ago, this summer will be difficult for those who like Oasis class hips. Allure of the Seas will be Europe and Oasis of the Seas is huge demand.
I suggest to look at revitalized Freedom of the Seas as an alternative for this summer. Contact me by filling out the form attached or call at 772 777-1337 and I will be happy to share my personal experience on Freedom of the Seas with you.